Friday, January 6, 2012

Welcome to The Food Life


 “Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity.”  ~Voltaire

Welcome virtual peeps to The G Food Life, a blog about a very powerful thing indeed. The thing at the crux of celebrations, holidays, meetings with world leaders, and first dates. The thing that crosses borders, while at the same time, maintains its own cultural identity (RE: I have a HUGE craving for Italian right now. Or, wanna take out some Thai?). A thing leveled on the same plateau as spiritual enlightenment (I’m looking at you, Elizabeth Gilbert). A thing that has inspired a multitude of television networks, magazines, and, dare I say it, blogs.

Yes, you guessed it, that glorious thing we like to call FOOD. Food, glorious food! (Okay the show tunes stop now, I promise).

Yep, eating is one of those obvious universal essentials. And to take a leaf out of my buddy Voltaire’s book, it may as well be an enjoyable experience.

To be honest, I’m pretty finicky comes to my culinary endeavors. Like the new resident searching for cable providers, or a powerful single woman on the prowl, I look for the whole package.

I want comfort in my fare, creativity, healthfulness, preferably all three. It takes a lot for me to truly fall in love with a dish. I mean, the finish-the-entire-plate-and-then-lick-it-clean-without-shame-and-happily-submit-self-into-food-coma-and-wake-up-wanting-more experience only comes once in a while.

So gentle blog followers, here is my promise to you:

I will share every happy-food-coma-inducing recipe, restaurant-dish, grocery store-find I come across, in addition to some food for thought (pun intended).

Look for the next post for one of the best dessert recipes in my arsenal. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment