Friday, March 16, 2012

Leave the boring brownies, grab this minty fresh baking tip!


In honor of St. Patty’s day, I thought I’d share this tip to make your brownies good and minty green.

You ready?

First, begin to prepare your brownies as usual.

(Side note: I baked brownies from scratch for years before I learned that my grandmie, the best baker I know and woman who makes the absolute best brownies in the world, uses a boxed mix. Yep. Mind blown. So there’s no shame in picking up a box of Pillsbury’s finest. My grandmie and I prefer the triple chocolate chunk.)

Back to the minty brownies. Still with me?

Right before you stick you pan in the oven, place pieces of Andes Mints (!) evenly in the batter. Then, bake. 

The result is a gooey, fudgey brownie with a fresh mint, candy green center. (P.S. if you're short of Andes Mints, I've used Ghirardelli mint squares in the past, and the result is equally rich and delicious. You just won't get that pop of green.)


These are sure to be a hit at any party, St. Patrick’s or otherwise.

O’yummy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment